The Internet is a great place that offers you the chance to make money in ways that weren’t possible 10 or 15 years ago. You can begin making money online faster than you think. And, if you are tenacious about it, you can even turn your online money making adventures into full-time income.
Be Realistic about Making Money Online
While there are plenty of ways to make money online, you need to be realistic about what you can accomplish. While you can start out by making a few bucks today, you probably aren’t going to be able to quit your job next week, or even next month.
It takes time for your efforts to bear significant fruit. Additionally, you have to be realistic about what you can do. Look for online activities that meet your abilities, and that you are likely to excel at. These are the things mostly likely to provide you with success in the long run.
7 Ideas for Making Money Online
If you want some good places to start, here are 7 ideas for making money online:
- Shopping: I know; the idea is to make money, not spend it. But if you do your regular shopping online through sites like eBates, you can get money back. The key, of course, is to only buy things already in your budget. Don’t use it as an excuse to buy more than you should.
- Simple Tasks: Just about anyone can do simple tasks online. There are sites like Amazon’s Mechanical Turk that you can use to earn a little bit. You do small tasks for a small amount of money. If you want to make a little bit more, look into sites like Fiverr. Offer a simple service and you could earn a few bucks.
- Sell Stuff: You can always make money online by selling stuff. Go to eBay or Craig’s List and sell items. If you are crafty, you can sell items through your own storefront on Etsy or Amazon. You can even sell other people’s stuff. Bill yourself as a selling expert, and sell on behalf of your clients, taking a cut for your commission.
- Writing: If you like to write, you’re in luck. There are hundreds of sites where you can go to get paid for writing. From sites like Yahoo! Voices to Demand Media, to freelance marketplaces (like Guru, Elance, and oDesk) where you bid on projects, it’s possible to get paid for writing. And, of course, you can write for yourself, and offer services to other clients.
- Other freelance work: You don’t have to be a writer to do freelance work. Set up as a freelance software developer, web designer, graphic designer, or coder. You can work online, and make a decent living if you have the right skills.
- Start a web site: It’s fairly easy to use a template and get a web site up and running. Install AdSense, and you can begin making money from visitors. Add affiliate advertising later, and find other ways to monetize your site, and you could begin making more money.
- Taking surveys: This has long been a staple of making money online. You can take surveys and sign up for offers at sites like Cash Crate, as well as take surveys at a number of sites from Dollar Surveys to Test Spin to e-Rewards. If you really want to make a little more, though, you can sign up with Schlessinger Associates’ Inspired Opinions.
There are many other ways to make money online. What are your favorite ways to earn extra money using the Internet?