Who is your best self?
I love the idea of looking at your best self in the third person. I think you will, too. Consider this question: Who is your best self? Take a moment to write out a description about him or her.
For example, my best self is light-hearted and quick-to-laugh. She’s always careful with other people’s feelings. She is focused, driven and reliable. She’s loyal, and people are proud to have her in their corner. She’s dedicated and well-received, and she confidently invests in herself.
Once you have an idea of what your best self looks like, sit with these questions as you reflect back on last year:
- How did you contribute to that version of yourself?
- What has held you back from being your best self?
- What has propelled you toward that vision of you?
- How can you bring out more of your best self in 2014?
- What habits can you adopt to bring out your best self more often?
Adopt a good habit
Here are some other examples of good habits to adopt to help you achieve what you want out of the year:
- Be early
- Schedule less
- Slow down your pace
- Speed up your pace
- Limit internet clicking
- Finish what you start before starting anything else
- Organize your work space
- Organize your whole house, for that matter
- Buy less/consume less
- Go to bed earlier
- Wake up earlier
- Exercise more
Here’s wishing you the best of yourself in 2014!