Setting up a blog does not require you to have a degree in computer science, as a matter of fact you don’t need possess any programming or coding skills. It only takes 5 minutes to register your domain name, set up a hosting account, install WordPress and publish your first post. This video tutorial shows you how to set up a WordPress blog from start to finish, the whole process takes about 5 minutes. Don’t worry if the video goes too fast, below I have the process outlined step by step.
1. Go to Hostgator
2. Click on view web hosting plans on the main page. (You can click on the images to enlarge)
3. Choose your plan and term. I recommend the “Hatchling Plan” and at least a 1 year term or longer .
4. Choose your domain name and enter the following discount code to receive a 25% discount howimakemoney
5. Fill out your login and payment information and ad any additional services you want.
6. When payment is processed, you will receive an email from hostgator with your login information and a url for your cpanel. You will need to click on the cpanel link and enter the login information provided in the email. Make sure you change your password after you login.
7. When you login to your cpanel you will need to scroll all the way down and find Fantastico De Luxe and click on it.
8. On the left hand side find WordPress and click it to install.
9. Click on New Installation and enter the required information.
10. Click on Install WordPress at the bottom.
11. Click on Finish Installation
12. Make a note of your login information, you will need this to login to your dashboard. Your dashboard URL will be http://yourblog.com/wp-admin.
13. If there are any update notification, follow the instructions and update them.
14. You can select a theme by clicking on “Appearance–> Themes” on the left hand side.
15. Click on install themes at the top and you can either search for themes, upload a theme, check out the newest themes or select a featured theme.
16. Go to “Posts” on the left hand side and click on “add a new post” to add your first blog post.
Congrats! You just posted your first blog post!
That’s all there is too it, simple and straightforward.
In the next sessions we will discuss important plugins to install, customizing your blog, premium themes and much more.
If you have any questions or need help with the installation feel free to shoot me an email [email protected] and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.